11 Wish list items...

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
rprism

11 Wish list items...

Post by rprism »

- For numbers that you click through, like to choose a start time, you should be able to hold down the +/- button like on a digital clock

- In the admin panel You should be able to highlight a Tournament and be able to right click and choose online/offline instead of going to the upper right after you update it

- “Custom Fields” - you should be able to Rename the column

- in the admin console arrow down does not move to the next entry

- Knockouts Tournaments should be able to rebuy. THIS IS A BIG DEAL

- Player Login should alert people there is a blank character at the end, or get rid of it on its own instead of just rejecting their login attemp. This happens often (really)

- Transactions should have a “note” section for custom transactions (so we remember why we did that)

- When you signoff/get disconnected and sign back on within 5 min your stats should not be reset. I know your chips remain the same, but the stats all get reset

- For Mobile - The table NEEDS to fill the screen. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE and I know it isn't an easy fix. the chat/stats/info be folded up with a button to expand

- make it easier to change sounds/offer options

- when a game is finished, and you click on players to see the rankings, it should show the payouts as well.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: 11 Wish list items...

Post by Kent Briggs »

rprism wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 pm - Knockouts Tournaments should be able to rebuy. THIS IS A BIG DEAL
The bounty is paid from the buy-in. A knocked out player could save himself with a rebuy and there would be no bounty for his second life. If you took bounties out of the rebuy cost then players that did a rebuy with chips still in their stack would be paying extra bounties. None of this is an issue if you just create a re-entry tournament instead with a bounty.
rprism

Post by rprism »

Kent Briggs wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 pm
rprism wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 pm - Knockouts Tournaments should be able to rebuy. THIS IS A BIG DEAL
None of this is an issue if you just create a re-entry tournament instead with a bounty.
How do you create a Re-Entry tournament? That would be great if it allows bounties!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

rprism wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:22 pm How do you create a Re-Entry tournament? That would be great if it allows bounties!
"Maximum re-entries" setting in the tournament.
Grim

Post by Grim »

I'm running PKO with re-entry and it works like a charm. Just be sure to increase late reg. to the period you want people to re-enter as it is a late reg.

There's a couple of things I do wish for though;
1) Once busted from a re-entry tourney and late reg. is still open - please add a pop up to offer re-entry. Even if you don't want to wait for the player to decide (although it would be preferred), the player can play the next hand. It's a bit too annoying to find the tournament and register again. Especially for me who keeps an eye on the login window instead of the tournament window.
2) Time the late reg. with the last hand, like you do with rebuy and with the pop-up they would have 20 seconds or something to re-enter. Currently players have missed the late reg by seconds (2 seconds is the current high score) as they busted and by the time they clicked through everything, the late reg ended. (Come to think of it, I currently have a break after late reg. where I could easily expand my late reg. into the break. Anyways, timing the late reg. to the end of last hand + 20 seconds would be welcomed.)
dengland

Post by dengland »

Grim wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:49 pm
2) Time the late reg. with the last hand, like you do with rebuy and with the pop-up they would have 20 seconds or something to re-enter. Currently players have missed the late reg by seconds (2 seconds is the current high score) as they busted and by the time they clicked through everything, the late reg ended. (Come to think of it, I currently have a break after late reg. where I could easily expand my late reg. into the break. Anyways, timing the late reg. to the end of last hand + 20 seconds would be welcomed.)
Registration is in minutes. Rebuy is in levels. 6 ten-minute levels of rebuy is 60 minutes. I have a 5-minute break every 60 minutes. Registration of 65 minutes will allow someone to come in through the break (just like a live venue). If a player is felted on the last hand, they get the rebuy option. They DON'T get the ability to rebuy if they are below the rebuy threshold at the end of the last hand. Rebuy has ended message appears immediately after level 6 completes.

The behavior I would like is to have a rebuy until level 7 STARTS.
Grim

Post by Grim »

To avoid this, I always choose rebuy if I'm in the last hand. If I don't meet the threshold, nothing happens. If I do, I rebuy. I agree that it is a workaround though.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

Agree about a "note" or "comment" field for transactions initiated by the admin.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

Agree with not resetting stats.

One other stat-related item, which may have been covered in the past, is that, as a player, I'd like to see a true VPIP stat, instead of the "saw flop" stat.