Wrong net amount for player

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Wrong net amount for player

Post by Kent Briggs »

Grim wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:17 pm Also both servers are (wired) in my home network (i.e. not wireless).
You might have to use something like Wireshark to see what is happening there.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Well, both Callback and API calls are using https so I wouldn't really see it. But the only change that happened when SMS was upgraded was the web-server upgraded to 22.04 and php8 so I'm 90% sure that's the issue. I don't know php so my code on the web server is heavily based on your code and my googling skills, so I'll start looking into that.
Grim

Post by Grim »

I piss myself off for being so stupid some times. I checked apache's error.log and found this:

Code: Select all

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "place" in /***/cb.php:836\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n  thrown in /***/cb.php on line 836'
So yeah, I should be able to take it from here. Sorry to have wasted your time again. :oops:
Grim

Post by Grim »

Btw, I have a theory on what happened here. I'm useless when it comes to php so you have to fill in the blanks yourself.

There was a bug in my callback code, so I'm guessing pmavens sends the callback, my php code fire up and the first thing it does is to log the entry to callback.log and then it proceeds and crashes. I'm guessing pmavens doesn't get a layer 7 ack (??) of the callback due to the crash, thinks it got lost on the way and sends it again. When it isn't ack'ed on the 2nd attempt, it gives up.

Either way, fixed the code and I only get it once now. Apparently php7 was a bit more laxed on associative arrays than php8 is...