Ring Table Permissions

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Supersonics

Ring Table Permissions

Post by Supersonics »

Hi Kent,

In the Poker Mavens Help File in the Ring Section, it states the following:

Play permission - Set a permission token (up to 15 alphanumeric characters, case-sensitive) to restrict play to specific players who have the same token. Prefix with a dash (-) to exclude players who have the token. This setting must be blank if the password setting is used.

At the end of this description, it says "this setting must be blank if the password setting is used." Does that refer to only the (excluding token)?

I have passwords on all of my ring tables due to the fact that I manage different leagues on the same server. On the main league I host, we have players playing different limits, Low, Medium & High. What I would like to setup is a system where new players would have a permission code to only play Low-Limit tables, and only once they prove they have the skill to advance to the next level, I would then grant them access to the Medium tables.

Based on the 'Play Permission' description above, I'm not sure if I am even able to add any permissions since I have passwords on all of my ring tables.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Ring Table Permissions

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you try to set both settings you will get an error message. You have to pick one or the other (or neither). Can't you just have a separate set of permissions for each league and then not have to use passwords?
Supersonics

Re: Ring Table Permissions

Post by Supersonics »

At this point, it is pretty rare when two different leagues are on the server at the same time, so I'll just remove all passwords and go with permissions as I would like to restrict play to both new players, and players who are playing beyond their skill level.

I would like to create a level system to essentially have players start at Level 1, and have to work their way up to higher limit levels only if they have proved they can beat the lower levels. I just hate seeing people who are not very skilled playing way over their head, which leads to them having a bad experience and quitting.