Version 7 community cards

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
GK1

Version 7 community cards

Post by GK1 »

I wish PM version 7 had the option for the community cards to be presented both ways... Version 7 style, and version 6 style with the actual picture of the cards in traditional format (E.g. KING with the picture of the King, and not just a big "K").

Thanks,
Gary.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Version 7 community cards

Post by Kent Briggs »

The old v6 graphic I had was low resolution. If you have the Pro or Gold edition, you can use your own design or even import the old v6 cards from the templates page:

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Templates.htm
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

I am visually impaired, and the four-color deck is a huge help to me. I love the new card face design. But I think the traditionalists in my group may prefer the version 6 style. So the compromise I am considering is Version 7 style for 4-color deck and Version 6 style for the default 2-color deck. I had Daniel at MavensTables (advertised on the forum somewhere) do custom backs for my decks. So once I decide for sure, I'll have him re-render the Version 6 ones in higher resolution. My main concern is phone users being able to discern suits.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BaxtersClub wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:06 pm My main concern is phone users being able to discern suits.
The phone users should always choose the 4-color deck then they don't need to see the suits. Five of the same color makes a flush, that's all you need to look for.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:31 pm The phone users should always choose the 4-color deck then they don't need to see the suits. Five of the same color makes a flush, that's all you need to look for.
That is certainly my MO. And it is the reason I think I prefer the Version 7 cards for the four-color deck, so they have that option at its best and most useful.
capnt4

Post by capnt4 »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:04 pm The old v6 graphic I had was low resolution. If you have the Pro or Gold edition, you can use your own design or even import the old v6 cards from the templates page:

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Templates.htm
If I upload the V6 cards into V7 will they look bad because of the low res or will they just look like they did in V6?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

capnt4 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:42 pm If I upload the V6 cards into V7 will they look bad because of the low res or will they just look like they did in V6?
They will look exactly the same: ok at the default size, fuzzy when the table is enlarged.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... for version 7.04 :D :D :D