For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

In the Admin Help File, it states the following:

Avatar index - Select one of the available avatars from the communal set by its index number to represent the player at the table. The default set includes 64 avatars. Pro and Gold version users can replace the default set using the Avatar Folder system setting. Set the value to 0 to assign a custom avatar file to the player, outside of the communal set.

Avatar file - This is an optional (Pro/Gold only) setting that assigns a specific 32 x 32 GIF, PNG, or JPG file to the player as their avatar. This setting is ignored if the Avatar Index value is not set to 0.

Question: Does this mean I can assign custom avatars to as many players as I want? If so, can you please provide more info about how to do this? e.g. Where are the files stored?

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Avatars

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:14 pm Question: Does this mean I can assign custom avatars to as many players as I want? If so, can you please provide more info about how to do this? e.g. Where are the files stored?
Yes. Create individual 32x32 pixel image files (as many as you want). Doesn't matter where you store them because each player's "Avatar file" setting points to the full path of the individual image file. Don't forget to set "Avatar index" to 0.

Actually I'd suggest making 64x64 images files for future proofing (that's a version 7 hint) and then make reduced copies down to 32x32 for version 6.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Ooh, a Version 7 teaser! I check this forum multiple times a week hoping for big update news, so this is very much appreciated.

Kent, I am so sorry I'm not fully grasping the image file path. I have a folder where I keep all of the Table Images, could I throw my Image Files in there too? Wow, this really opens up a lot of possibilities, I really had no idea we could go beyond 64 Avatars. I'm really looking forward to adding some creativity here. Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:57 pm Kent, I am so sorry I'm not fully grasping the image file path.
Path as in (for example) C:\Images\Avatars\CoolDude.png

When you double-click the "Avatar file" setting in the Windows server console, it will bring up a dialog with a Browse button. Use that button to navigate to whatever folder you placed the file. Do that for each player that you want to give a custom avatar.
I have a folder where I keep all of the Table Images, could I throw my Image Files in there too?
Sure.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Excellent! I can't wait to add some player mug shots! Thanks so much Kent