connecting software to my domain

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
The Scorpion

connecting software to my domain

Post by The Scorpion »

please help im lost ive been trying to simply connect the software to my domain. right now when im on the front end the url just has a series of numbers and when i go to the domain it isnt showing the software just a cox login page (so my current internet provider) please help me fix this ive been at it for days with no success thank you!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: connecting software to my domain

Post by Kent Briggs »

When using a domain you will likely want to set your File Port setting in Poker Mavens to 80, which is the default port for http. Otherwise the port has to be included on the end like www.example.com:8087 so perhaps that is the issue you are having. You cannot put port numbers in your domain's DNS settings.
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

i changed file port to 80 but samething is happening. i also added the domain name to internet ip address and nothing
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

Internet ip address is domain,auto append and auto lookup are currently no, file port is 80 and packet is 8088 currently
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

also i got domain at go daddy so maybe its not pointed right. Where should it be pointed to?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Scorpion wrote:also i got domain at go daddy so maybe its not pointed right. Where should it be pointed to?
The "A" record in your GoDaddy DNS settings must point to your Internet IP address. Are people able to connect using the Internet IP address?
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

the internet ip address is 98.181.244.93 and the A record at go daddy is pointed to it. And no when someone types in that series of numbers it does not connect them to the software.
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

the software/client url says 127.0.0.1 and the domain connects to a cox gateway log in page.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Scorpion wrote:the internet ip address is 98.181.244.93 and the A record at go daddy is pointed to it. And no when someone types in that series of numbers it does not connect them to the software.
Did you install Poker Mavens on a home PC behind a router? If so you must open the File Port and Packet Port in your router's port forward settings to let the outside world connect to your PC. Instructions for that are here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/PortForward.htm
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Scorpion wrote:the software/client url says 127.0.0.1 and the domain connects to a cox gateway log in page.
127.0.0.1 is a special IP that instructs a computer to connect to itself. That's what happens when you click the Client button in Poker Mavens. But that only works for you. Everyone else has to connect to your Internet IP address (or a domain that points to that IP). But first you have get that port forwarding configured in your router per my previous post.