Connection Not Secure

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
TX_Flood

Connection Not Secure

Post by TX_Flood »

Brand new PM user here. I'm not a techie, so bear with me if this is a dumb question, but several of my users noticed that when they log into the site, the address bar states "not secure" where on most internet sites you see a padlock icon. Is this anything to be concerned about, or have I missed a step in my setup?

BTW, I see the same message here on this page.

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Connection Not Secure

Post by Kent Briggs »

You need a domain name and an SSL cert to get an encrypted connection (to get rid of that browser warning). The Pro and Gold versions support that feature.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

Thanks Kent. So at least I didn't set anything up wrong then. Is there any security issue with continuing to run like this until I have enough players to justify upgrading to Pro?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TX_Flood wrote:Thanks Kent. So at least I didn't set anything up wrong then. Is there any security issue with continuing to run like this until I have enough players to justify upgrading to Pro?
There's no real security issue, no one is doing online banking with the poker client. And the hole cards are encrypted internally anyway. It's just that Chrome automatically labels HTTP connections as not secure as opposed to HTTPS connections that have end-to-end encryption built into the protocol.