Replacing my computer running Poker Mavens server

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
GK1

Replacing my computer running Poker Mavens server

Post by GK1 »

Hi, I know that a single license version of Poker Mavens can be installed as a server only on one computer.
What is the process for relocating my Poker Mavens software server from an old to a new computer?
I know, somehow I need to uninstall and decertify the software from my old computer.

I know how to move the user login data to the new computer, it resides in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Poker Mavens 6\
All I need are the steps required for installing and activating Poker Mavens server on the new computer, and deactivating from my old computer... using the same license key.

Thanks in advance,
Gary.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Replacing my computer running Poker Mavens server

Post by Kent Briggs »

The program folder is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 6\

So copy that over also and put a shortcut link to PMServer.exe on your desktop. There's no formal deactivation required, just delete the original after you confirm everything is running ok on the new server.
GK1

Post by GK1 »

Thanks Kent for the prompt respond.
meirco73

Post by meirco73 »

Hi Kent,

I also need to move to a new computer :(. However, I don't have the installation files on my old one (I have the lite version). I can only download the trial version from the Briggs site.

Any idea how to overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Meir
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

meirco73 wrote:I also need to move to a new computer :(. However, I don't have the installation files on my old one (I have the lite version).
Contact me via email for a link. Include your license key if you have it.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

Hi Ken,

Related to these questions, I have decided to move my game from my home computer to AWS. Before I can install and start configuring on AWS, do I have to bring down my game from my home computer? I was going to start the process right now, but we have a game scheduled for tonight and I probably won't finish configuration in time for the game.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TX_Flood wrote:Before I can install and start configuring on AWS, do I have to bring down my game from my home computer?
No, you can wait until you are up and running on the new server.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

Thanks Kent!