SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bojik

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Bojik »

Gold
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:46 pm 7.16
and no error in logs other than denied rogue connection on wrong port.
Email me your URL plus a screenshot of the PM Service Manager so I can see your settings.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Got it working, had the port forwarding on my router set to the wrong port :mrgreen:
strobe878

Post by strobe878 »

Stevenism101 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:45 pm I tried updating the dlls from the link you provided and the poker server won't Start. Error: Could not load SSL library.

I reinstated the dlls being used previously and the poker server started fine. It accepts all the SSL settings, but I still get the message when trying to load in browser: "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"
I ran into this today and after hours of hair-pulling and troubleshooting I believe the problem is that the provided SSL dlls don't support the ECDSA key type. Once I switched to RSA keys everything was fine.

Ken it would be great if you could update the SSL libraries. They aren't even called libeay32/ssleay32 anymore . . .
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

strobe878 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:05 pm it would be great if you could update the SSL libraries. They aren't even called libeay32/ssleay32 anymore . . .
I don't have much control over that as PM uses Indy Sockets components for all the internet related functions and it requires those specific OpenSSL DLL files. I will check if there are updates to those components.