JerryB

Re: Delayed Start of Tournament: Better late than never

Post by JerryB »

Kent, you are still working on this feature, right? :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JerryB wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:33 am Kent, you are still working on this feature, right? :D
Nope, but there is always an API solution.
dengland

Post by dengland »

Kent Briggs wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:30 am
JerryB wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:33 am Kent, you are still working on this feature, right? :D
Nope, but there is always an API solution.
Kent - I am not sure how the API comes into play. Are you saying some website logic to advertise a new tournament if scheduled one does not get kicked off?

I have something that works for me at the moment. I set up a "Start with Code" tournament in case the scheduled one does not have enough players registered at the start time. I labelled it "Emergency Manual" to make it stand out. I have a couple of players that seem to be capable of reminding folks where to go and to get it started if I am not around. (Perhaps I should have set it up with "Start Now Votes" to make it easier.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

dengland wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:43 pm Kent - I am not sure how the API comes into play. Are you saying some website logic to advertise a new tournament if scheduled one does not get kicked off?
You can start a tournament with code using the TournamentsStart command in the API. Presumably you would have API code checking the status of that tournament to see that it didn't start due to lack of registrations at the scheduled time.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

A new "Start time hold" setting has been added to v7.14:

viewtopic.php?t=3919
dengland

Post by dengland »

Thanks for the delayed start option. I am looking forward to this safety net...My group failed to get the game going on May 10th. This will be a Godsend. Your effort is much appreciated!!!