Adding new games

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
warius

Adding new games

Post by warius »

Hi,

I really enjoy playing on your client. Having fun with my buddies now that the social distancing is in place.

Would love to see support for other games, to add to out mixed game. Specifically would love support for Drawmaha.

Do you have any plans for adding other games?

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Adding new games

Post by Kent Briggs »

I tend to add new games with major version releases and go with what is popular at PokerStars.
warius

Post by warius »

When's the next major update?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

warius wrote:When's the next major update?
Ver 7 is still in early stages of development and has come to a screeching halt the past month as all my time has been involved with order filling and tech support (a good problem to have :P ).
rundmc

Post by rundmc »

Great to hear sales are going well. what a blessing your software has been. Looking forward to the next major update as well.
DuffCal

Post by DuffCal »

rundmc wrote:Great to hear sales are going well. what a blessing your software has been. Looking forward to the next major update as well.
I couldn't agree more! Also, Kent is a great person, his willingness to help people is off the charts. I cant thank Kent enough for all his hard work and AMAZING software.

-DuffCal
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

I would like to see a 5 card stud game.
omernesh

Post by omernesh »

Bounty!!!! :lol:
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Kent Briggs wrote:I tend to add new games with major version releases and go with what is popular at PokerStars.
If those include draw games like deuce-to-seven and badugi, please consider something that Stars has not in their implementation of those games.

Although draw games limit the number of players participating in a hand, Stars unfortunately carries that over into participation in a table that includes those games in the mix. Meaning that their mix game with draw poker variants are instantly limited to 6 players, maximum.

Brick & mortar card rooms avoid this by allowing draw games in the mix for a table of eight players, but they use a procedure in which two players in early position are skipped on each hand and not dealt in.

This simple enhancement to how Stars implements these games would make for a robust mix of games while still playing eight handed.

Thanks for considering, looking forward to new game offerings.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

I also look forward to the more popular draw games as well - mainly Triple Draw, 2-7 NL, Badugi etc